Friday, August 9, 2013

It's official. We are MOVING!!

After so much back and forth we finally decided the best thing for us to do was to rent an apartment for the time being. We found a steal of a deal at this little place tucked away off of one of the busiest streets in town. It is a serious steal at around $430 a month for a 2 bedroom. Before you start thinking we have put our personal safety aside for such an amazing deal, I can assure you we did our due diligence. We also totally lucked out! Our apartment is one of the first to receive a makeover. Brand new appliances, stone floors in the kitchen and bathroom, new carpet, and ceiling fans. Our apartment also happens to sit beneath a big ol' shade tree. Less AC cost in the sweltering Memphis summer, and since we happen to be upstairs, less heating costs in the winter. Thank God heat rises!

I have been spending every bit of extra time combing the thrift shops in town for all the STUFF we need. I kinda hate that I left everything behind when I left the ex, but I have managed to do some amazing shopping for right around $100. I am also BLESSED ~ FORTUNATE ~ LUCKY enough to be being given most of our furniture by my A.J. & RIE. How perfect is that?! We are really cutting expenses which means I can start budgeting and catching up on the bills I have fallen so far behind on. Stay tuned for this broke couples journey. Who want's to pay for our U-haul rental? LOL!

The management is amazing and told us we should feel free to paint as we like and really make it home. I doubt we will go quite that far... maybe if we decide to stay on longer than a year.

I am pretty freakin' excited to be spending the upcoming holidays in our own place. The only downer is not having our sweet Lulu there to share it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment